UserGems is the future of outbound sales and marketing. We use artificial intelligence to help companies identify their best buyers and win more deals.
We just raised funding from top Silicon Valley VCs (Uncork Capital & Craft Ventures) and have crazy happy customers such as Splunk, Qualtrics, Procore, UserTesting, and more.
We are looking to hire an experienced Content Marketer to help own our content strategy. It’s an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to take on a lot of ownership, experience exponential personal growth every month, and work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
As Content Marketing Marketer, you will:
- Lead and execute our content and SEO strategy across our entire buyer and customer journey
- Create a wide range of edu-taining content designed to wow the B2B sales and marketing community-from thought leadership to demand gen campaigns, and everything in between.
- Own copy for website, ad, and email, and optimize them for conversion
- Own social media strategy and execution to amplify our brand and educational materials to target audiences
- Stay on top of topics that our audience is interested in and how they want to consume it
- Experiment with new formats/channels, report on content performance and constantly refine the strategy
- Partner with internal teams to deliver content that attracts interests, drives revenue, and improves adoption
Why you should join our Revenue team
- You'll have a lot of ownership and creativity freedom as our chief storyteller
- As the first content marketing hire, you will develop the direction of our content strategy and processes
- You'll report to the Head of Marketing who strongly believes in supporting her team's career growth
- Customers love us! (see our Customers page and G2 Reviews)
- Our customers receive ROI in actual (and measurable) revenue generated
- We raised funding from top Silicon Valley investors (Uncork Capital, Craft Ventures, & more)
- You’ll be part of a fast-growing startup as it scales from 10 to 100 employees
How you'll ramp
...within your first week...
- You'll get an in-depth product training
- You'll get familiar with our target persona and competitive landscape
- You'll audit our existing content and touch points
- You'll shadow on (or listen to recorded) customer and sales calls
- You'll have 1:1 with all team members
- You'll develop a buyer journey map and propose a content plan to support it
- You'll partner with our SEO agency and apply our keyword research into website copy
- You'll partner with our podcast agency, provide feedback, review written content, and promote
- You'll have published your first few content pieces
- You'll manage the company's social media
- You’ll be actively executing and/or managing freelance writers according to the content calendar
- You'll be using our own products for various marketing campaigns
- You'll collaborate with customer success to develop how-to guides, knowledge hub, etc. to drive adoption
- You'll start sharing some early data about content performance
- You'll continue partnering with our agencies to optimize our content
- You'll propose our brand voice and guidelines to amplify the UserGems brand across channels
- You'll collaborate with sales to identify and develop content to accelerate the sales cycle
- You'll partner with product team to identify UserGems data for compelling stories
- You'll identify gaps in our content plan and recommend solutions to close them
What you've accomplished so far
- You’re a wizard of words – both written and spoken. You know how to explain complex concepts in clear, pithy prose.
- You love using SEO data to inform your content decisions and determine to improve your content ranking
- You've created end-to-end content funnels, across channels, formats, and mediums
- You're known as someone who writes like you talk and hates marketing buzzwords
- You've come up with creative ideas for content that cut through the noise
- You're excited about building things from scratch and wearing multiple hats
- You have partnered with sales, customer success, and product for content
- Previous content marketing experience at a B2B SaaS company is a PLUS
- Familiarity with using Google Analytics and data to show your impact is a PLUS
- We're backed by top Silicon Valley investors, including Uncork Capital, Craft Ventures, and more.
- We are growing 4x year over year.
- We're a remote-first company with employees across the US, Europe, and Asia
- We have Weekly Standup every Monday, virtual Happy Hour, and quarterly in-person Company All-Hands so that everyone stays connected and updated.
- We believe strongly in being customer-focused and data-driven in everything we do.
- We value individual differences in the workforce and strive to make everyone feel welcomed and accepted, regardless of their skin color, gender or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Send the following information to email@example.com
- Your resume and why you're interested in this role? and why now?
- Two relevant writing samples