UserGems is the future of outbound sales. We apply artificial intelligence to help companies identify who to best target for their sales and marketing outreach.
We’re growing 5X year-over-year and recently raised $20M series A from Craft Ventures, Uncork Capital, Battery Ventures, Tiger Global, and more.
We are looking for our first Designer to join the marketing team. This is a highly collaborative role that will bring to life a wide variety of projects for both UserGems customers and employees.
It’s an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to take on a lot of ownership, experience exponential personal growth every month, and work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
As Designer, you will
- Help enhance and differentiate the UserGems brand through visuals. Our philosophy is “be different, not better”
- Design and develop eye-catching and scroll-stopping creative assets for ads, social, website, and video initiatives. Formats include: graphics, video editing, simple animations
- Follow brand guidelines and work closely with Marketing and Product teams and others. Refine and iterate on designs based on feedback from project leads and other stakeholders.
- Pitch ideas that inspire, influence and shape future work
- Occasionally design UI/UX elements for UserGems product
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
How you’ll ramp
…within your first week
- You’ll get set up with your preferred hardware and in key systems
- You’ll get in-depth training on our products, value propositions, target personas, and the competitive landscape
- You’ll have 1:1 intro meetings with the go-to-market team
- You'll learn the UserGems brand and visuals
- You'll audit all existing ads, content & social, event assets
- You’ll create variations of current assets and plan future design requirements
- You'll be familiar with our product, competition, & brand
- You’ll be familiar with design requirements for web, ad, and product
- You'll have 1:1 with all team members
- You’ll be actively creating ads, blog and social assets
- You'll be comfortable having strategic conversations with the marketing and product team around design and testing
- You’ll be creating variations of ad creative to split test
- You’ll occasionally help designing UI/UX elements for the UserGems product (optional)
- You'll be an expert of UserGem’s visual brand
- You’ll proactively be identifying opportunities where we can improve across all design initiatives
- You'll systematize our processes for new creative and design elements.
- You'll be able to onboard and help new Gems
What you’ve accomplished so far
- You are comfortable owning multiple projects under tight deadlines. You have creative problem solving skills, ability to product high-quality work, and iterate quickly.
- You are very strong at collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders.
- You have acquired deep knowledge of creative design & collaboration tools. You are comfortable working and collaborating in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Track record of creating effective solutions for stakeholders that also align to business goals -- whether it's in B2C, ecommerce, or B2B.
- Strong systems-thinker who is able to consider challenges beyond the visual.
- Strong attention-to-detail.
Why you should join:
- You’ll be part of a fast-growing startup as it scales from 50 to 100 employees
- Customers love us! (see our Customers page and G2 Reviews)
- We're a remote-first company with employees across the Americas and Europe
- We have Weekly Standup every Monday, virtual Happy Hour, and quarterly in-person Company All-Hands so that everyone stays connected and updated.
- We believe strongly in being customer-focused and data-driven in everything we do.
- We value individual differences in the workforce and strive to make everyone feel welcomed and accepted, regardless of their skin color, gender or sexual orientation.
- Competitive salary
*** This position will start as a 3-month full-time contract, after which will be considered to convert into a full-time position.
*** The hiring decision will largely be based on the quality of your previous work. Please provide a link to your portfolio in your resume/CV.