UserGems is the future of outbound sales and marketing. We apply artificial intelligence to help companies identify their best buyers to win more deals.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build new products and scale our platform supporting the business growth.
As a Senior Software Engineer
- You will play a key role in the engineering team in the backend development of our products.
- You will be proposing, owning, designing, and implementing solutions to improve the stability, quality, and reliability of systems.
- You will work on projects/features as a whole, with limited guidance from the manager.
- You will have a full understanding of our tech stack, development philosophies and workflows and make changes as needed.
- You will design and build software primarily in PHP and MySQL. Other languages are explored and chosen based on best suited language for a task.
Why you should join our Engineering team
- Be part of a fast-growing startup as it scales from 10 to 100 employees -- your work and responsibility will grow with it.
- You'll get responsibilities and a voice within the company and your work will be instrumental in bringing the company forward.
- You'll be working on the forefront of an AI technology that solves real customer needs
- Customers love us! (see our Customers page and G2 Reviews)
- We are a caring company with a great work environment.
- You’ll get access. Our co-founders are ex-Y Combinator, ex-Google, ex-Microsoft, ex-PwC, and are still key contributors to our team.
- "Stupid questions do not exist" and "Learning never stops" are core to our team’s philosophy. We are excited about new technologies and work hard to make sure that everyone is set up for success.
Our tech stack
- Kubernetes to host our services.
- Docker to build our workers.
- PHP 7.3 to implement our workers (PHP 8 soon).
- PHPStorm as IDE.
- A typed OOP code base.
- OpenAPI to provide data to the frontend.
- AWS managed MySQL for data storage.
- RabbitMQ for micro service communication.
- Graylog for log management.
- Slack & Zoom for team communication.
- Notion for documentation.
- Asana for agile development process.
- BitBucket as VCS.
How you'll ramp
Within your first week...
- You will get onboarded, get familiar with our processes, and will push your first code.
By day 30...
- You are familiar with the UserGems code base and workflow because you have developed several features that are already live in production.
By day 60...
- You will have a thorough understanding of the tech stack at UserGems.
- You will be proposing, designing, and implementing solutions to improve stability, quality, and reliability of our products.
By day 90...
- You will have acquired a full understanding of our tech stack, development philosophies and workflows.
- You will be confident and comfortable shipping features independently.
- You will be proposing, designing, and implementing changes in our tech stack.
What you've accomplished so far
- You love coding, that is why you have developed personal projects in the past.
- You are proactive and like to take responsibility.
- You have a degree in computer science or similar.
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- You breathe Clean Code and you like test cases.
- You have a passion for working with technology products and solving customer needs.
- You thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure environments while working in a team.
- We're backed by top Silicon Valley investors, including Uncork Capital, Craft Ventures, etc.
- We are growing 3-4x year over year.
- We're a remote-first company with employees across the US, Europe, and Asia
- We have Weekly Standup every Monday, virtual Happy Hour, and quarterly Company All-Hands so that everyone stays connected and updated.
- We believe strongly in being customer-focused and data-driven in everything we do.
- We are an inclusive workplace. We value individual differences in the workforce and strive to make everyone feel welcomed and accepted, regardless of their skin color, gender or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Send the following information to email@example.com
- Your resume / CV
- Which role you're applying for
- Why you're interested in this role and UserGems