Technical Support SpecialistApply now
UserGems is the future of outbound sales. We apply artificial intelligence to help companies identify who to best target for their sales and marketing outreach. We’re growing 5X year-over-year and recently raised $20M series A from Craft Ventures, Uncork Capital, Battery Ventures, Tiger Global, and more.
As a Technical Support Specialist you support our CSM team with all technical questions in regards to our product. You are the bridge between the Customer Success team and Engineering. We are looking for someone who already has experience in 2nd level support.
What is UserGems
We monitor a company’s existing customer list for job changes and alert their sales teams whenever someone moves to a new company.
Each month, our customers get a list of people they should reach out to – identified and ranked by our proprietary algorithm. This algorithm combines thousands of data points to generate the best possible prospecting list, uniquely tailored to them.
Example: Jared was using AWS when he worked at Hooli. Now that he’s working at Pied Piper, he could be interested in using AWS again. We’ll alert AWS’ sales team of Jared’s job change. Jared already knows AWS and might be interested to hear what AWS has to offer for Pied Piper.
What our customers say
UserGems is the type of tool that I've been looking for quite a while. The key is to reach out to your alumni customers at the right time - UserGems helps us achieve that at scale.” - Steve Jones, VP of Demand Generation at UserTesting
"UserGems delivers true, concrete ROI on day one. It has turned out to be one of the most valuable solutions we have added to our go-to-market tech stack in the last two years." - Ben Loeffler-Little, former Head of Sales at Periscope Data
Find more at https://www.usergems.com/customers
- We're backed by top Silicon Valley investors, including Craft Ventures, Uncork Capital, Battery Ventures, Tiger Global, and more.
- We are growing 5x year over year. You'll be part of a startup scaling from 50 to 200 employees.
- Customers love us! (see our Customers page and G2 Reviews)
- We're a remote-first company with employees across the US and Europe
- We have Weekly Standup every Monday, virtual Happy Hour, and quarterly in-person Company All-Hands so that everyone stays connected and updated.
- We believe strongly in being customer-focused and data-driven in everything we do.
- We value individual differences in the workforce and strive to make everyone feel welcomed and accepted, regardless of their skin color, gender or sexual orientation.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will be the 2nd level support and responsible for keeping the requests to our development teams low. You will work closely with the development- and our product team to understand how the product is being used by our customers. The role does not only include 2nd level support, it also includes data checks, quality assurance on new features and building up an FAQ. As a Technical Support Specialist you will know all the ins and outs of our product and become a product expert over time.
You'll be the first Technical Support Specialist and directly work from within the Engineering team.
What you'll do
- Work closely with other departments to build an understanding of how our product is used by our customers
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Regularly check for data quality issues in our product
- Our product is deeply connected to Salesforce so you will have to also investigate potential issues with data inconsistencies between SFDC and Usergems
- Be the gateway for all requests from CSM to our Engineering teams
- Create knowledge base articles and best practice documents for existing issues to advise on proposed methodology or workaround
- Recommend improvements for our software to enhance user experience and achieve better customer satisfaction
- Support on testing new features before they are being rolled out to production
- Identify and implement key KPIs for 2nd level support
- Provide best in class communication internally
- Solid experience working within a 2nd Level support in a SaaS environment
- Basic engineering knowledge, e.g. running database queries, using chrome development tools for debugging
- Ability to work both independently and/or in a team as needed
- Time management, organization, and the ability to simultaneously handle multiple ongoing investigations
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Knowledge of Salesforce is a big plus
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
The perks + benefits
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)