VP of EngineeringApply now
UserGems is the future of outbound sales. We apply artificial intelligence to create alignment across revenue teams throughout the entire funnel and identify who to best target for their sales and marketing outreach. We’re growing 5X year-over-year and recently raised $20M series A from Craft Ventures, Uncork Capital, Battery Ventures, Tiger Global, and more.
We're looking for a VP of Engineering to build and manage our Engineering team. You’ll have the unique opportunity to shape the engineering department of a fast-growing and well-funded startup according to your vision. Help us to scale from 30-200 employees in the next 2 years.
What is UserGems
We monitor a company’s existing customer list for job changes and alert their sales teams whenever someone moves to a new company.
Each month, our customers get a list of people they should reach out to – identified and ranked by our proprietary algorithm. This algorithm combines thousands of data points to generate the best possible prospecting list, uniquely tailored to them.
Example: Jared was using AWS when he worked at Hooli. Now that he’s working at Pied Piper, he could be interested in using AWS again. We’ll alert AWS’ sales team of Jared’s job change. Jared already knows AWS and might be interested to hear what AWS has to offer for Pied Piper.
What our customers say
UserGems is the type of tool that I've been looking for quite a while. The key is to reach out to your alumni customers at the right time - UserGems helps us achieve that at scale.” - Steve Jones, VP of Demand Generation at UserTesting
"UserGems delivers true, concrete ROI on day one. It has turned out to be one of the most valuable solutions we have added to our go-to-market tech stack in the last two years." - Ben Loeffler-Little, former Head of Sales at Periscope Data
Find more at https://www.usergems.com/customers
- We're backed by top Silicon Valley investors, including Craft Ventures, Uncork Capital, Battery Ventures, Tiger Global, and more.
- We are growing 5x year over year. You'll be part of a startup scaling from 30 to 200 employees.
- Customers love us! (see our Customers page and G2 Reviews)
- We're a remote-first company with employees across the US, Europe, and Asia
- We have Weekly Standup every Monday, virtual Happy Hour, and quarterly in-person Company All-Hands so that everyone stays connected and updated.
- We believe strongly in being customer-focused and data-driven in everything we do.
- We value individual differences in the workforce and strive to make everyone feel welcomed and accepted, regardless of their skin color, gender or sexual orientation.
As VP of Engineering at UserGems, you will shape the engineering department of a high-growth startup according to your vision. We are seeking an experienced VP of Engineering who will build, grow, and lead engineers across multiple product teams and platforms.
In this role, you’ll bring your process & technical expertise, and proven people development skills to manage our technical ecosystem, product roadmap, and engineering culture. You will bring deep expertise in implementing development processes to drive team execution and meet business goals. You will be a key member of the leadership team.
What you'll do
- Lead the team through management and mentorship
- Recruit, develop, and retain a world-class engineering team at all levels
- Developing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, Marketing, and Sales to define development priorities, manage delivery timelines and create the technical roadmap
- Coordinate development across teams
- Research, adopt and advocate for new technologies and processes
- Identify key metrics to measure the effectiveness of the teams in order to guide the evolution of best practices
- Prepare and optimize budgets
- Experience in scaling the engineering team of a Series A to a Series C level company
- 8+ years experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience building or managing engineering teams
- Strong organizational leadership skills
- Experience in recruiting engineers and contributors
- Experience in software design and developing customer-orientated platforms
- Engineering and / or management degree
- Preferred: Experience with products where data was a high priority
- Preferred: Experience leading a remote engineering team
The perks + benefits
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)