UserGems is the future of outbound sales and marketing. We use artificial intelligence to help companies identify their best buyers and win more deals.
We just raised funding from top Silicon Valley VCs (Uncork Capital & Craft Ventures) and have crazy happy customers such as Splunk, Qualtrics, Procore, Mixpanel & UserTesting.
We are looking to hire an experienced Customer Success Manager as our first CSM hire who can help us build out the CS department and establish processes to ensure happy customers, successful renewals and account expansions.
It’s an incredible role for someone who wants to take on a lot of ownership, experience exponential personal growth every month, and work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
As Senior Customer Success Manager:
- Overall accountability for your customers’ success, which includes implementation, adoption, retention, and overall satisfaction
- Identifying upselling opportunities and being responsible for account growth
- Establishing a trusted strategic advisor relationship with each customer, especially at VP and C-levels
- Use UserGems to measure customer adoption and ROI for customers
- Partner with marketing to develop content and materials to increase customer adoption of UserGems (for example: playbooks, templates, customer stories)
- Establish CSM best practices and processes for future CSMs
- Serve as the voice of customers internally by providing customer feedback to engineering, marketing, and sales
Why you should join our Revenue team
- You'll report directly to the CEO and co-founder who strongly believes in fostering an environment of mentorship and career growth
- Customers love us! (see our Customers page and G2 Reviews)
- Our customers receive ROI in actual "Closed Won" deals and measurable pipeline
- We just raised funding from top Silicon Valley investors (Uncork Capital, Craft Ventures, and more)
- You’ll be part of a fast-growing startup as it scales from 10 to 100 employees
How you'll ramp
...within your first week...
- You'll get familiar with our product, sales & CSM process and tools
- You'll have an in-depth product training and use the product to monitor your accounts
- You'll shadow on all sales calls and customer calls
- You'll practice a few mock demo's and product Q&A's with our team
- You'll learn best practices for what make UserGems Customers successful
- You'll take-over & manage the relationship with some of our customers
- You'll run a few customer on-boarding calls independently, and shadowing other calls
- You'll build strategic business plans for customers
- You'll be familiar with our product, competition, common Q&A
- You'll have 1:1 with all team members
- You’ll be actively managing the book of business, achieving your Net Retention target
- You'll start owning some customer Slack channels
- You'll identify whitespace and/or upsell opportunities
- You'll be comfortable having strategic conversations with the decision makers on ROI and future plans
- You'll be collaborating with marketing on content, campaigns, processes to increase product adoption
- You'll be an expert of UserGems products
- You'll recommend ways to improve our hand-offs processes and CSM playbook
- You'll be able to onboard and help new starters
- You'll provide ongoing customer feedback to the marketing and engineering teams
- You'll partner with marketing to drive customer advocacy program (e.g. customer stories, reviews)
What you've accomplished so far
- You have a demonstrated track record of success in a customer-facing role (CSM, implementation, account management, or sales), and consistently hitting your metrics
- You're familiar with partnering with Marketing and Sales leaders to drive adoption
- You're comfortable leading “business value” and “ROI” conversations, navigating through multiple decision makers in an organization
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to communicate across various channels (phone, e-mail, social, etc.)
- You thrive in a high-growth environment, are self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have a firm grasps on SaaS sales and CS best practices
- You've successfully coached and developed other CSM successfully
- RevOps-level expertise with Salesforce (e.g. process builder, lead routing setup, SFDC formula, etc.) is a BIG PLUS
- We're backed by top Silicon Valley investors, including Uncork Capital, Craft Ventures, and more.
- We are growing 3-4x year over year.
- We're a remote-first company with employees across the US, Europe, and Asia
- We have Weekly Standup every Monday, virtual Happy Hour, and quarterly in-person Company All-Hands so that everyone stays connected and updated.
- We believe strongly in being customer-focused and data-driven in everything we do.
- We value individual differences in the workforce and strive to make everyone feel welcomed and accepted, regardless of their skin color, gender or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your resume
- Why you're interested in this role and UserGems