Staying aware of opportunities and trends is an important step in driving sales. As a UserGems admin, strategizing and optimizing for better is your bread and butter. To do this, you’re always hustling to stay up to date on your team’s:
- Contacts and persona breakdowns
- Key accounts
- Meetings booked
- Activity trends
- and how individual sales reps are performing
We heard you loud and clear - you need the ability to dig deeper into the data to find your own hidden gems 💎
That’s why we’re so excited to announce our updated analytics dashboard! This dashboard shows you what’s happening at a granular level based on your leads' and contacts' activity rates. These additional insights help you identify areas of improvement and build successful programs.
Why did we update our dashboards?
Our old dashboards contained a lot of great data. But after hundreds of hours of conversations with customers, we learned more about what information you needed to get the most out of UserGems. In the past, you might have noticed:
👎No ability to track trends
- It didn't let you analyze trends over specific times, so you couldn't see how UserGems' performance changed.
👎All job changes were valued equally
- It didn't recognize that some job changes are more important than others depending on the company and the new title of your Gem.
👎No ability to see who on your team needs help
- It didn’t tie trends back to the individual team member so help and additional coaching could be offered.
In its old configuration, the dashboard left admins wondering:
- What does good look like?
- What should we be striving for?
- Are we seeing improvement over time?
The new dashboard helps admins answer these questions with more helpful data so you can make smarter decisions for your program.
Welcome to the new and improved Analytics Dashboard
New year, new dashboards!
We’ve packed the new analytics dashboard with more intuitive features and better insights into your data! Like the previous version, the new dashboard tells you the volume of job changes delivered month-over-month and the volume of contacts you’re tracking. However, filters now allow you to drill into your data to surface the insights you need in just a few clicks.
Here’s how to get started using the new analytics dashboard
First, switch to the Analytics tab from the home screen under Contact Tracking. This updated view defaults to show All Leads - All Time.
You’ll now notice two new toggle options in the top left. One toggle option is for ‘High Priority’, and the other is for ‘Only Persona.’
High Priority - automatically filter your results for the best opportunities when you enable this toggle. These criteria are pre-determined and include information such as:
- recency of the job change,
- past relationship status,
- and the contact’s new title.
Only Persona - results will automatically be filtered to your buyer persona. It works by matching new titles with the parameters you’ve pre-selected. If your ideal buyer is a Marketing Manager or higher, the system will automatically include a new Director of Marketing title in the filtered data.
These toggles give you targeted insights so you can report on each group of Gems separately.
Want to view your contact analytics using something other than the toggle pre-sets? No problem! Scroll down to customize your filter with several options.
These options allow you to filter data based on its recency and ownership. This means you can track contact trends or assess individual sales representatives' performance.
But why is this level of filtering useful?
These filtering capabilities are useful because not all of your benchmarks of performance relate to each group of Gems.
For example, you expect reps to action all personas matching ‘past buyers.’ It gets more complicated when you only expect them to act on 50% of past end-users and influencers. Being able to slice your data by persona allows you to track whether you’re meeting your own KPIs.
3 ways to analyze UserGems data to improve pipeline performance
Understanding engagement percentages and activity trends is crucial. All-time statistics will only show you the total number of job changes, but drilling down into the data allows you to understand how effectively contacts interact with your outreach activities over time.
Analyzing these trends will help you identify patterns of engagement and answer questions like:
- Which job changes result in higher interactions?
- What type of follow-up activities lead to successful engagement?
- What number of sales activities are needed to book a meeting within their first 3 months?
Here's how you can use UserGems data to improve your team’s performance.
1. Track new priority contacts at top accounts - Some job changes involve a contact joining a target or ICP account where you know they're a great customer fit. You want to make sure your team is reaching out to these prospects.
Make a mental note to filter for priority accounts with new contacts each week. Monitor the average number of outreaches those contacts are getting. If it’s less than 8 on average, work with your team to improve the effectiveness of outreach.
2. Avoid embarrassing cold outbound to active deal cycle accounts - Sometimes a contact joins an open opportunity account. You probably don’t want your team outbounding to a company an AE is actively engaging. Not a good look. 😬
Make sure you remove that contact from any outbound sequences to avoid making a faux pas! You should also notify the AE about a potential champion and use it as an opportunity for multithreading!
3. Know where your team needs your support - You can view trends by sales rep when you filter by ‘Owners’ and select a team member. This gives you the specific insight you need to coach that individual to help them improve their performance. This, in turn, will drive more sales.
If the trend is going in the right direction, you can get with that sales rep to understand why their approach is working then make a plan to transfer that knowledge to the rest of your team.
With this level of granular knowledge, you can tailor your outbound messaging and playbooks to the individual situation and persona to win more business. When you better understand your top priorities, creating custom messaging that drives sales velocity is easy!
Use your data to outbound smarter
The new analytics dashboard is a game-changer for data-driven decision-making. Use these tips as a guide to maximize your pipeline generation and say bye-bye to pipeline anxiety.
If you’re running your company’s UserGems program, make sure you’re leveraging the new analytics dashboard. Trust us, it will make your life easier and your pipeline fuller!
Want to learn more about accessing your UserGems Analytics? Contact your CSM.