UserGems is the future of outbound sales and marketing. We apply artificial intelligence to help companies identify their best buyers to win more deals.
We're looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to help build new products and scale our platform supporting the business growth.
This position starts as a Senior Full Stack Engineer and you will have the option to specialize and fully transition to a backend or frontend developer role if you prefer one over the other.
You'll get the best of both worlds while you get to know our full stack and feature development cycle during your first couple of months at UserGems, then you can decide which route you want to take, or if full stack is already the perfect fit for you.
As a Full Stack Engineer
- You will primarily focus on the development of our customer facing webapp and third-party API integrations (Salesforce, Outreach, Google, Slack, Stripe, etc.)
- You will design and build software primarily in PHP/Laravel and Typescript/VueJs.
- You will play a key role in the engineering team in the development of our products.
- You will be proposing, owning, designing, and implementing solutions to improve the stability, quality, and reliability of systems.
- You will work on projects/features as a whole, with limited guidance from the manager.
- You will have a full understanding of our tech stack, development philosophies and workflows and make changes as needed.
Why you should join our Engineering team
- Be part of a fast-growing startup as it scales from 10 to 100 employees -- your work and responsibility will grow with it.
- You'll get responsibilities and a voice within the company and your work will be instrumental in bringing the company forward.
- You'll be working on the forefront of a technology that solves real customer needs
- Customers love us! (see our Customers page and G2 Reviews)
- You’ll get access. Our co-founders are ex-Y Combinator, ex-Google, ex-Microsoft, ex-PwC, and are still key contributors to our team.
- "Stupid questions do not exist" and "Learning never stops" are core to our team’s philosophy. We are excited about new technologies and work hard to make sure that everyone is set up for success.
- We are a caring company with a great work environment. Regular team meetings and virtual happy hours make sure to keep the team connected even though we are fully remote.
- We provide a great amount of flexibility in terms of where and when you want to work.
Our tech stack
- Laravel (PHP) for the Backend.
- Vue (Typescript) for the Frontend (SPA).
- Codeception for Tests.
- PHPStorm & WebStorm as IDE.
- A typed OOP code base.
- Azure managed MySQL for data storage.
- Graylog for log management.
- Slack and Zoom for team communication.
- Notion for documentation.
- Asana for an agile development process.
- BitBucket as VCS.
How you'll ramp
Within your first week...
- You will get onboarded, get familiar with our processes, and will push your first code.
By day 30...
- You are familiar with the UserGems code base and workflow because you have developed several features that are already live in production.
By day 60...
- You will have a thorough understanding of the tech stack at UserGems.
- You will be proposing, designing, and implementing solutions to improve stability, quality, and reliability of our products.
By day 90...
- You will have acquired a full understanding of our tech stack, development philosophies and workflows.
- You will be confident and comfortable shipping features independently.
- You will be proposing, designing, and implementing changes in our tech stack.
By day 180...
- You will be a core contributor to UserGems and you have mastered our backend and frontend codebase.
- Now is the time for you to choose - if you want to fully specialize in our frontend or backend, or full stack is already the perfect fit for you.
What you've accomplished so far
- You love coding, that is why you have developed personal projects in the past.
- You are proactive and like to take responsibility.
- You have a degree in computer science or similar.
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- You breathe Clean Code and you like test cases.
- You have a passion for working with technology products and solving customer needs.
- You thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure environments while working in a team.
How to apply
Send the following information to email@example.com
- Your resume / CV
- Why you're interested in this role and UserGems