Evaluating UserGems vs LinkedIn Sales Navigator for tracking job changes or looking for a Sales Navigator alternative? Then you’re doing the right thing by looking at a tool that helps you automate pipeline generation (some self-brag is good, right?).
As B2B prospecting gets more challenging and pipeline anxiety rears its ugly head, it’s not surprising that most B2B revenue teams have adopted a more deliberate and targeted approach by using sales intelligence tools to monitor sales trigger events that signal a company may be in the position to close a deal, such as: hiring and firing of executives, business growth, strategy shifts, and more.
In this article, we show you why UserGems is the go-to sales pipeline software for tracking job changes and generating warm leads for your pipeline.
What is UserGems?
With UserGems, you get a pipeline generation software that rids revenue teams of pipeline anxiety by identifying prospects most likely to buy from you. And surfacing them as warm leads in your CRM.
It’s no secret that customer job changes are a key trigger event in B2B sales.
But what you don’t want to do is have your sales reps waste time by manually looking up contacts to check for these sales triggers. And if the numbers are anything to go by, that seems to be the case for many sales teams. According to the folks at Salesforce, sales reps spend 2/3 of their time on data entry and non-selling activities.
Here's Anthony Banayote of Gong on why UserGems is the best at turning buyer job changes and relationship intelligence into pipeline and revenue:
By automatically tracking the job changes, UserGems:
- Improves your sales teams productivity
- Reduces the need to spray and pray
- And enables your sales and marketing team to generate revenue on autopilot.
The advantages of using UserGems
UserGems comes with a ton of pros that make it a great tool for any sales team. You can use it to:
- Generate pipeline on autopilot: UserGems automatically tracks your past customers, prospects, and champions as they change jobs. But, we don’t stop there. We find their new contact information and surface them as warm leads in your CRM with enough personalized context for your sales reps to initiate a warm outreach.
- Accelerate ABM execution: UserGems help you track buyer movements in your target account and surface opportunities for you to initiate conversations with key decision-makers. This is not limited to past customers, we also track power users, influencers, champions, and more. Hence, your sales and marketing team align on prospects and target them at the same time.
- Automate workflows: Our automated workflows are a key difference when comparing UserGems vs Sales Navigator for tracking job changes. You get fresh hot leads delivered directly into your CRM — no manual search involved. You can integrate UserGems with SalesForce, Outreach, HubSpot, and more. We don’t just provide data, we make it easy to act on it and generate sales pipeline.
Disadvantages of using UserGems
Yes, we aren't perfect. One downside is:
- Unlike LinkedIn Salesnav — which can be used by a sole user, (with very limited features) — UserGems is best for organizations.
We provide customized pricing for our users. Want to learn more? Speak to someone on our team.
What is LinkedIn Sales Navigator?
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a sales intelligence platform that helps sales reps find B2B leads and build relationships with them.
It's a useful prospecting tool for sales reps who want to connect with leads through social selling. Sales Navigator makes it easy to keep track of your leads and target accounts through their activities on LinkedIn.
The advantages of using LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- With over 800 million members on its social media platform, it’s the largest networking platform for business professionals. Sales reps can easily find prospects and engage with them through Sales Navigator’s InMail feature.
- LinkedIn provides an advanced search feature to find leads and qualify them based on your ideal customer profile (ICP).
- Most sales professionals already use LinkedIn. There's a learning curve for new users but old users will adapt quickly.
- Sales Navigator allows you to set trigger alerts based on your prospect and target each account’s activity.
Some disadvantages of using LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- You can only build your list. LinkedIn Sales Navigator reviews from customers reveal that they can't pull data from LinkedIn into SalesForce CRM. Alternatively, you have to copy and paste data, leading to errors.
- You have to manually search LinkedIn for prospects that fit your ICP. Though there’s a “recommended leads” feature based on your searches, LinkedIn reviews show that they are often irrelevant.
- It doesn’t provide contact information for prospects, so you can only contact them through LinkedIn InMail.
- You can only integrate Sales Navigator with your CRM if you have an enterprise license.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator pricing
LinkedIn Sales Navigator's cost starts at $79.99 per user/month. They offer additional plans and pricing for teams and enterprises.
UserGems vs LinkedIn Sales Navigator for tracking job changes: Which is best for pipeline generation?
That’s a fair question. And if we’re being honest, we are a tad biased.
Most of our customers use both LinkedIn Sales Navigator and UserGems. So, we aren’t saying kick Sales Navigator to the curb. It’s a great product.
And according to this image from Brian Carroll, CEO & founder of markempa, both products are focused on a vital sales trigger: new hires and job changes.
But instead of writing another side-by-side list of features (you can find that here if that's your thing 😁), we thought we’d keep things simple. So we sent Slack messages (we’re remote, baby) to our SDRs, AEs, and demand gen. folks, asking:
“If you had to put a page up on our website breaking down the top reasons why people pick UserGems vs. LinkedIn Sales Navigator to automate the sales pipeline and track customers' job changes, what would you say?”
They had some swell answers that should help clear up any confusion.
When it comes to tracking job changes, Sales Navigator flags contacts in Salesforce as “No longer there.”
But what really matters is “then what?” You don’t want your team burning calories by manually tracking and updating these job changes in Salesforce instead of focusing on selling.
Every manual step slows down your sales rep’s efficiency and increases the likelihood of human errors. Manual steps also decrease the chance that your reps will act on these high-value sales opportunities.
That’s why companies miss 85% of these job-change trigger opportunities (Source: Internal analysis of 50+ midsize and enterprise B2B SaaS companies). In today's highly competitive sales universe, it’s all about optimizing your sales rep’s efficiency.
With UserGems, your team:
- Tracks every one of your users on a monthly basis — not only contacts associated with an opportunity (which is what LinkedIn Sales Navigator does).
- Don’t need to manually enter data. The new leads are automatically created directly in Salesforce with their professional emails and the old leads are flagged as outdated.
- Automates prospecting emails with Outreach, SalesLoft, Marketo, etc.
- Don’t need to go through the hassle of integrations and onboarding a new tool. Everything happens in Salesforce.
That way, none of these hot leads slip through the cracks.
2. Actionable data
We’ve done a lot of benchmarking to compare our data accuracy against Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, and others (See data quality and validation tests). But even accurate data is useless if it isn’t actionable.
UserGems enriches data and brings it into your existing workflows so your team can act on them immediately. We provide:
- Contact information, such as new work emails, phone numbers, LinkedIn profiles, and locations
- Historical information by linking the lead’s new record with their existing data in Salesforce so that your team always has full context when reaching out
- Human validation to make sure all leads are relevant to you so you feel confident about your outreach
All this means your sales reps won’t be wasting time on unqualified leads.
3. A complete view of your customers
Think about the sort of growth you could fuel or how healthy your sales pipeline could be by reconnecting with previous end-users that changed jobs. Or, consider the risk of losing out on all that information when a champion or account owner changes jobs.
Today’s executives often look to their team for tool recommendations. These influencers might not have buying power, but their advocacy can kickstart conversations to get your team in the door. Think of Slack, Asana, Zoom, etc.
So if you focus on only tracking contacts at ‘Closed Won Opportunities” (like what Sales Navigator does), you’re missing out on:
- Power users 🏋️
- Daily active users 🏃🏽
- Contacts at “Closed Lost Opportunities” ⛔
- Contacts at open (mid-funnel) opportunities 💰
Every job change you don’t track is a missed opportunity. UserGems tracks ALL your contacts and end-users — inside and outside of your CRM — for any job movements.
Who should use UserGems?
UserGems is the best pipeline generation tool for revenue teams looking to accelerate pipeline without sacrificing their team’s efficiency. Collin Brady, Senior Account Development Representative, UserGems puts it best:
"The process of adding UserGems to your sales tech stack couldn't be easier. You spend 1-2 hours deciding who to track in your CRM, a 45-minute implementation on our end, and an additional 20 minutes training your reps. You can be up and running in a week, with a dedicated Customer Success Manager walking you through our best-automated playbooks. It's a hands-free, always-on campaign for your most likely buyers - past customers!"
At the end of the day, we aren't saying you should use UserGems over LinkedIn Sales Navigator. You could consider using them together.
LinkedIn Sales Navigator is great for identifying potential users and current employees at your target companies. While UserGems offers automated repeat business by tracking your customer’s job changes on autopilot and keeping your sales pipeline full of qualified leads who are 3x likely to buy from you.
5 things to consider when evaluating pipeline generation software that tracks customer job change triggers:
- How are new leads added to your CRM and workflows?
- How will you tie the lead to their past activities on your CRM?
- Are these leads enriched with contact info (e.g. email, phone, etc.)?
- Can you track everyone on your CRM —customers, prospects, etc.?
- How committed is the vendor to this job-change product?